Personal Mobility Equipment
At BDMS Community Services, we provide valuable mobility solutions to help people lead full lives. Reduced mobility often results in a lack of independence, and more often than not, it has a negative effect on the quality of life. Personal mobility equipment describes a range of mobility aids and assistive technologies, including things like wheelchairs, motorised scooters, and walking equipment.
The NDIS has five categories of personal mobility equipment, all of which we provide:
- Transfer equipment – includes ceiling hoists, mobile hoists, and slings
- Walking equipment – includes frames, tables, walkers, and devices to aid mobility
- Seating/Wheelchair equipment – includes specialised postural and seating systems
- Specialised strollers – includes tailor-made crawlers, trolleys, and strollers
- Wheelchairs and scooters – includes manual and powered wheelchairs and scooters
At BDMS Community Services, we find and deliver the right equipment for each recipient. We carry out an assessment before delivery and review the use of each product after delivery to ensure health and safety. Our lifestyle solutions are personal, our products are carefully considered, and our support services are delivered with care and compassion. Retaining and improving mobility is one of the best ways to improve quality of life outcomes.